The Finance Sector Union have an exciting opportunity in our Queensland Branch, based in Brisbane for an Advocate.
The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. We play a vital role of empowering our members to work together and campaign to secure dignity and respect at work. Our members fight for and deliver improved working entitlements in an evolving industry
We have an exciting opportunity in our Queensland Branch, based in Brisbane for an Advocate.
Working as part of the Advocacy team, our Advocates are responsible for providing members with high quality advice and support in disputes, including representing members to management and negotiating solutions to problems.
The Finance Sector Union is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential experience and qualifications
1. A tertiary qualification in Law, Employee Relations, Human Resources or extensive work experience in a trade union or similar not for profit organisation.
2. Demonstrated experience appearing before the Fairwork Commission and an understanding of issues facing the finance industry would be an advantage.
3. Represent members’ grievances directly with employers.
4. Provide accurate information and/or advice to members on industrial rights and entitlements.
5. Excellent presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and the ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
7. Strong time management and personal organisational skills, including the ability to perform work within specified timeframes.
8. The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
9. Demonstrated experience representing employees with workplace grievances’
10. Knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and practices
Applications must address all the above selection criteria.
As stipulated in the FSU Staff agreement 2013 the salary shall be set at tier 1 of the organiser pay scale, currently $61215 per annum with 1 RDO per month. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact Melissa O’Toole on (07) 3845 6904 or Melissa.OToole@fsunion.org.au.
Human Resources Manager
Level 2, 341 Queen Street
5pm Friday, 12 June 2015