If you are in Gladstone Monday 17 August at Noon join the Rally to Stop Tony Abbott's Dodgy Free Trade Deal with China.
*BBQ and Soft Drinks provided.
Unemployment is up and youth unemployment is at 13.4% but the Abbott Government wants to let:
• Employers take on a worker from China without having to advertise the job locally first;
• Chinese companies bring in an entire workforce from overseas to work on projects worth over $150 million with lower skills, lower level English and lower wages than is allowed under the current visa program. Not only that, but he wants to allow the likes of Gina Rinehart to partner with Chinese companies and also have the right to bring in overseas workforce;
• Overseas tradies, including electricians and mechanics, no longer need to meet Australian qualifications and standards.
• An estimated 158, 000 Australian workers could lose their jobs. This could rise if Abbott concludes similar deals with India and the US.
• Outrageously, Abbott wants to give Chinese companies the ability to sue the Australian Government if they introduce laws that might impact upon their profits. This could lead to no minimum staffing ratios, privatisation and no minimum qualification standards.
This could impact upon every workplace from childcare to construction.
Cnr of Yarroon St and Hanson Road
Gladstone , Queensland 4680
Google map and directions