United Voice is one of Australia’s most innovative unions. But we are always looking to be better.
Our Queensland Branch is looking for a Communications Co-ordinator to drive strategic communications and manage a small team in our South Brisbane office.
Every day our staff work alongside a membership of teacher aides, cleaners, early childhood educators, ambulance officers, security guards, health professionals and 100s of other industries and professions.
Every day we take our message to workplaces, social media, members, employers, the public, government and stakeholders. We deliver our message through print, web mainstream, social and niche media. We have our own design and print production office and TV studio. We manage various websites and social media accounts. We also communicate via email, text and video.
We have a dedicated and talented communications team of three reporting to this position. The successful candidate will be part of the Branch’s Senior Leadership Group and report directly to the Branch Secretary, so we need someone who is:
- A senior communications strategist who has managed sensitive issues preferably within a government, membership or stakeholder environment;
- A manager of a vibrant and capable team of communications professionals;
- A leader who can advise without fear or favour and drive change within the Branch;
- A highly experienced practitioner with proven senior media, print and digital skills;
- A consummate writer capable of crafting messages for an urgent media crisis as well as an inspirational speech on workers’ rights – and everything in between;
- A worker who can communicate effectively with, and relate to, those from all walks of life;
- A person whose values align with union and progressive social causes.
- Mobile phone
- Full-Time, 6 month probationary period
- Base 12% Superannuation + 1.4% to cover Income Protection insurance.
- 6 weeks annual leave and loading
- Salary $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 depending on demonstrated experience.
Please email your application including cover letter, resume and your response to the above criteria to the Branch Secretary Gary Bullock c/- email@example.com by Monday 7th September, 2015.