Our Union is growing, and we are scaling up in our teams. So we have up to 6 new Organiser Traineeships to fill.
United Voice is a union of workers organising to win better jobs, stronger communities, a fairer society and a sustainable future. Our organisers are at the front line of our efforts to win change for some of Australia’s most vulnerable workers.
We are looking for energetic, committed advocates to recruit new members and supporters, develop our grassroots activists and support progressive campaigns. Successful applicants can expect comprehensive exposure to all aspects of working as an organiser in one of Australia’s most progressive Trade Unions. Working in Campaign teams, developing activists and gaining experience in industrial frameworks.
Key job requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to trade unionism and social justice.
Capacity to develop the skills to
- Communicate in discussions with workers for the purpose of recruitment or engaging workers around campaign theme/activity.
- Analyse a workplace and record and use relevant information to develop an organising plan within a workplace.
- Identify and develop workplace leaders.
- Motivate and move workers to action within a workplace.
- Understand industrial instruments relevant to the workplace and use this knowledge to identify potential issues for collective organising.
- Mobile phone
- Full-Time, 6 month probationary period
- Vehicle or Motor vehicle allowance provided ($10,400)
- Fuel card provided
- Base 12% Superannuation + 1.4% to cover Income Protection insurance.
- 6 weeks annual leave and loading
- Salary $52,481 with access to further progression at the conclusion of the traineeship.
Applicants should forward a brief application letter addressing the key job requirements above, and Curriculum Vitae to the Secretary Gary Bullock c/o firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8th June 2015.
Interviews week commencing 22nd June 2015.
Positions commence 20th July, 2015.