An important public debate is coming to your area very soon.
LNP Member for Flynn Ken O'Dowd has been invited to a debate with Branch Secretary of the Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union Rohan Webb about the China-Australia Free Trade Agreement and the importance of protecting local jobs.
The LNP Federal Government have attacked working families by:
• Signing a trade agreement with China that is bad for local jobs and bad for workplace safety;
• Made it easier for the rich to avoid paying tax;
• Given labour hire companies free rein to undercut workers’ conditions and wages;
• Created a visa system that allows 7-Eleven and other companies to exploit foreign workers;
• Seen casualisation of the workforce reach its highest level ever;
• Seen youth unemployment exceed 20% in many regional areas;
• Increased unemployment to its highest level since 2002;
• Tried to re-introduce the Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC) that can send workers to gaol just for standing up for their workmates’ safety;
And much, much more.
6A Ferris St
Gladstone City, QLD 4680
Google map and directions