We have an exciting opportunity in our Queensland branch, based in Brisbane for a Field Organiser.
Our Organiser teams are responsible for recruiting and activating finance workers and identifying and developing workplace leaders to act collectively. A key responsibility for an Organiser is the effective development and implementation of campaign plans in their patch of the industry.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
1. Experience working for or being actively involved in a trade union or similar not for profit organisation.
2. Comprehensive understanding and application of the principles and techniques of organising or building power with a volunteer network.
3. Ability to motivate and develop workplace representatives, leaders and activists OR demonstrated experience working with volunteers as a leader in a campaign setting.
4. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
5. The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
6. Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and the ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
7. Strong time management and personal organisational skills, including the ability to perform work within specified timelines and plan work systematically and effectively.
8. A demonstrated commitment to and enthusiasm for trade unionism and/or social justice.
9. A drivers licence.
10. Knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and practices.
11. Demonstrated experience representing employees with workplace grievances’.
12. An understanding of power relationships and techniques to build power working with volunteers.
13. Capacity to occasionally work outside of business hours and travel in regional Queensland.
Applications must address all the above selection criteria.
The FSU is an equal opportunity employer.
A salary shall be set at tier 1 of the FSU Organiser pay scale, currently $64,628 per annum with 1 RDO per month. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact Melissa Brown on (07) 3845 6904 email@example.com
Finance Sector Union
PO Box 3054
South Brisbane QLD 4101
5pm Friday 28 October 2016