The Queensland Council of Unions is looking for an Administration Officer. The primary focus of this position is to provide administrative support to the organisation.
Queensland Council of Unions is the peak union body in Queensland. It is comprised of 29 affiliated unions, representing over 370,000 union members.
Our Mission Statement is “Leading Unions to achieve industrial, political and social justice for Queensland Workers”.
The QCU has an Executive of 46 Officers, 13 of whom form the Management Committee.
The primary focus of this position is to provide administrative support to the organisation.
The duties of the Administration Officer include but are not limited to:
- Reception duties;
- Administrative support for allocated QCU Committee(s) meetings in conjunction with Officer responsible;
- Maintaining data sources / contact lists;
- Maintain incoming / outgoing mail register;
- General office duties;
- Set up for meetings and events, including room preparation;
- Daily check of mail box and posting outgoing correspondence;
- Stationery ordering, under the direction of the Office Manager;
- Provedore for office canteen, under the direction of the Office Manager;
- Record maintenance and filing; and
- Other duties as directed by the General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary, President and Office Manager.
- A relevant formal qualification, or equivalent experience, is desirable.
- Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Skills and abilities
- High level communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation;
- Well developed personal organisational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and principles of trade unionism and ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders within the trade union movement;
- Ability to work with staff to promote a cooperative and cohesive team approach.
- This position is based in Brisbane.
- This position is a 3 day / week (0.6 FTE) part time position.
- Applicants must have a current driver’s license.
- The QCU supports Equal Employment Opportunity and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and women with relevant experience and skills to apply.
To assume this role you must be appointed by the General Secretary, in line with the QCU Staff Recruitment Policy.
You will report to the General Secretary (via the PA to Elected Officials / Office Manager) on any matters in the area of responsibility as Administration Officer.
Performance Appraisals will be carried out on an annual basis by the Assistant General Secretary and reported on to the General Secretary.
Key selection criteria
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
- A high level of commitment to, and experience with, Queensland unions and the broader Labour movement;
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Well developed personal organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work with staff to promote a co-operative and cohesive team approach; and
- Experience in working independently to deliver high quality and timely actions and output, with the flexibility to rearrange priorities to meet changing needs of the organisation.
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday, 12 June 2015.
An applicant’s CV, together with a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, should be forwarded to:
Mr Ron Monaghan
Queensland Council of Unions
16 Peel Street
South Brisbane Qld 4101
Or email to email@example.com, marked ‘Attention: Mr Ron Monaghan’.